The Guiding Star Tampa honors the Natural Law ethic; a way of life which is given to us by the Creator and is evident through the natural order of creation and human reason, therefore:
Guiding Star Tampa will serve women with wholistic healthcare that honors their bodies and minds.
We believe women are much more than a number or a problem to be solved. Your body and mind are natural wonders. And you deserve healthcare that cares about you.
Our vision is to continue pioneering the “new norm” in wholistic women’s healthcare at Guiding Star Tampa. As an Affiliate of the national Guiding Star Project, we seek to empower women to understand, embrace, and love their bodies.
- In the inherent dignity of every human being beginning with natural conception and ending with natural death.
- That every life is unique and holds potential; every life deserves celebration regardless of the circumstances of conception, status, or health.
- That life naturally begins at conception within women and requires a “yes” on the part of women to be realized. Therefore, women are at the heart of the Culture of Life.
- In wholistic, women-centered solutions to the many challenges women face in our society today.
- In each woman’s innate ability to nourish life, physically and spiritually.
- That fertility and childbirth are natural, healthy biological processes and that knowledge of them empowers women.
- That abortion and contraception interrupt natural, healthy biological processes.
- That women should not feel forced to choose between their children and their education and/or career.
- That our bodies were created beautifully and deserve respect, understanding, and care.
We seek, by the establishment of Guiding Star Tampa, to:
- Overcome all forms of violence, discrimination, exploitation, and injustice towards women and children.
- Provide opportunities for community-wide education and discussion on the many complex issues challenging a life-giving society.
- Create a space dedicated solely to the protection and promotion of Life.
- Connect organizations that offer services that build up a Culture of Life, providing:
- Emotional, physical, spiritual, and financial support for life-affirming choices.
- Alternatives to contraception and abortion and will neither provide nor refer to these measures.
- Innovative services that honor Natural Law in difficult circumstances involving fertility, pregnancy, family life, medical treatments, and end of life issues.
- Special assistance to women and families experiencing an unexpected pregnancy.
- Education necessary to guide women and families in the natural process of life and fertility.