- Nursing Mothers Support Group Meeting: Typically meets once a month.
One on One Sessions
- One on one breastfeeding lactation counseling available: 1/2 hour appointments
- Morning appointments are available.
- Led by certified lactation consultants
- Call at HERE. or schedule an appointment
Child Watch is available for women attending an appointment or class. During peak times we reserve the right to limit the number of babies and children due to staffing, age of children and space capacity.
Check In and Out
Each parent must sign his/her own child in with the Child Watch staff. Required information includes:
- Picture I.D. (required at check-in & check-out)
- Child(ren)’s name & age
- Parent’s name
- Time enrolled
- Activity location
(Parent/Guardian must stay on premises.)
Lengths of Visits
Supervised care is provided for children ages 8 weeks to 8 years old.
Children may attend Child Watch 1.5 hours per day.
Our Child Watch has a 15-minute cry rule. Our staff is well accustomed to comforting and/or distracting distraught children, however if after 15 minutes they are still inconsolable, the parent will be asked to return for the child.
Youth: Ages 8 -14
1.5 hours per day max. time limit for kids.
- Youth are not to wander the center.
- Youth are not to touch other children who are not related.
Teens over 14
- For the safety of younger children, teens over 14 are to remain in Waiting Room, or in Family Lounge if available.
- Teens are not allowed to wander about the center.
Special Needs Children
Guiding Star Tampa will make every reasonable accommodation possible for children with special needs. It is best that you contact the Child Watch Coordinator in advance to make her aware of the needs to discuss what has to be accomplished to involve your child.
For the protection of all children, the following guidelines have been adopted in accordance with the report of the committee on control of infectious diseases of the American Academy of Pediatrics. A child may not participate in Child Watch if any of the following exists and must be by symptom free for 24 hours.
We will not administer medicine of any kind. If your child has special circumstances, allergies, etc. We will keep a doctor’s note on file detailing the non-contagious symptoms. It is also up to the staff’s discretion to decide if they feel your child may not enter Child Watch if they find any of these symptoms in your child.
- Fever within last 24 hrs
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Any symptom of normal childhood disease such as mumps or chicken pox
- Common cold from onset through 1 week
- Sore throat
- Any unexplained rash
- Any skin infection: ringworm, impetigo, boils
- Yellow / green nasal discharge
- Pink eye
As a pregnant or new mom, we know that this is a time in your life dedicated to your family and others. Your day is focused on others and not yourself. Art as Therapy Classes is an opportunity to relax and experience art in many forms. We believe the point of art in general is to offer therapeutic assistance; it should help us to better endure and enjoy our lives.
Call the center at Calendar tab to find out when the next class is being held. Child watch is provided for toddlers.or click on the
Need post pregnancy help? Learn about postpartum health and postpartum care. The time after giving birth, your body begins to heal and adjust to not being pregnant. Some women experience postpartum anxiety or depression.
If you would like to set an appointment to meet with our nurse practitioner Tammy Taylor, ARNP, CNM or one of our nurses, call the center at